David Jancha - Partner
Criminal Defense Attorney
David Jancha received his Bachelor's Degree in Economics from Wabash College in Indiana, and went on to earn his Juris Doctor from St. Thomas University School of Law in Miami, Florida. While in law school, Mr. David Jancha was awarded “book awards” (highest grade) for his performance in Trial Advocacy and Appellate Advocacy by St. Thomas School of Law. Mr. Jancha also worked as an intern at the State Attorney's Office for the Seventh Judicial Circuit of Florida, an experience that provided him valuable exposure to the criminal trial process.
After gaining admission to the Florida Bar, Mr. Jancha returned to Orlando to serve as an Assistant Public Defender for the Ninth Judicial Circuit. During his time as a public defender, Mr. David Jancha defended more than 1,000 clients in several areas in both County and Circuit Court. Mr. David Jancha was also assigned to the "Domestic Violence Trial Division" and the "Felony Violation of Probation Division" where he successfully defended clients charged with Domestic Violence accusations and felony probation violations. He also received special training in representing clients who suffer from mental health disorders and disabilities. Because of this training, he received the unique assignment of ensuring that his colleagues followed the correct protocol in representing mentally ill and disabled clients.
Attorney David Jancha's experience working with both the state attorney's office and the public defender's office provided him with a vast understanding of the criminal justice system and unparalleled trial experience. Recognizing his admirable dedication, commitment to clients, and reputation among his colleagues, Mr. Jancha was hired as a criminal trial attorney at NeJame Law in 2010. In a firm that prides itself on its Criminal Defense Division, the attorneys in the Division unanimously supported adding David Jancha to the team, a testament to his legal abilities. Mr. David Jancha has been active in the legal community as well, and previously served on the Board of Directors for the Criminal Section of the Orange County Bar Association and was also previously elected by his peers to serve on the Board of Directors for the Central Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
Mr. Jancha was selected as a 2014 and 2015 member of "The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Trial Lawyers;" a 2015 member of the “Nation’s Top One Percent” by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel; and a 2015 member of the “10 Best” Criminal Law Attorneys for Client Satisfaction by the American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys.
Mr. David Jancha has also appeared on television for Central Florida News 13 where he has acted as a legal analyst for both recorded and LIVE legal commentary. Most notably, Mr. Jancha appeared LIVE and provided analysis and commentary during the “George Zimmerman Trial.” Mr. Jancha has also been involved in various speaking engagements and has been quoted locally and nationally in print and digital media. Mr. Jancha has also authored legal articles which have appeared in Orlando, Florida magazines. Mr. Jancha was a guest speaker in DeLand. Florida, where he spoke to a small group of law enforcement and citizens about the “Stand Your Ground” law. Most recently, he was a guest speaker in Daytona Beach, Florida, where he provided insight and a presentation to prosecutors, defense attorneys, and Judges about admissibility of expert witness testimony in Florida.
David Jancha takes pride in thoroughly analyzing and researching all aspects of the allegations in each case for the purpose(s) of both negotiation and trial preparation. In addition to his extensive experience in state court, Mr. David Jancha has also handles federal court cases in the Middle District of Florida.
He has successfully represented clients with a wide variety of criminal needs, including, but not limited to:
- PreTrial Release (PTR) issues (motions to set and/or modify conditions of bond/bail, 'no return' and 'no contact' orders, etc.)
- Baker Act (mental health) civil proceedings
- Driving under the Influence (DUI) and other Driving related offenses
- Theft offenses (Petit theft, Grand theft, Dealing in Stolen Property)
- Assault, Aggravated Assault, Battery, Aggravated Battery, Battery by Strangulation, Battery on a Law Enforcement Officer, etc.
- Domestic Violence (Violation of PTR, Battery, Violation of Injunction(s), Stalking, etc.)
- Weapons offenses (carrying a concealed weapon, carrying a concealed firearm, possession of ammunition/firearm by convicted felon)
- Burglary and Trespass
- Possession of Controlled Substances (Misdemeanor and Felony)
- Sale, Delivery, Conspiracy and Trafficking of Controlled Substances
- Hate Crimes (Florida Statute 775.085)
- Sex crimes: solicitation, lewd and lascivious, internet pornography and internet solicitation
- Scheme(s) to Defraud (including, but not limited to: insurance fraud, forgery of checks, uttering a forgery, false verification of ownership to a pawnbroker, unemployment compensation fraud, public assistance fraud, etc.)
- Violations of Probation (Felony and/or Misdemeanor)
- Racketeering (R.I.C.O.)
If you have a question or need experienced representation in any criminal matter, call Attorney David Jancha.
Practice Areas: Criminal Defense
Listed in Martindale Hubbell's Law Directory