David Jancha - Partner
Criminal Defense Attorney
David Jancha earned his Bachelor's Degree in Economics from Wabash College in Indiana, and went on to earn his Juris Doctor from St. Thomas University School of Law in Miami, Florida. While Mr. Jancha takes pride in the fact that he has focused his career on State and Federal Criminal Defense cases, Mr. Jancha worked as a felony intern at the State Attorney's Office in Volusia County, Florida while in law school. This experience provided him with insight into the “mind of the prosecutor” and valuable exposure to the criminal trial process.
After gaining admission to the Florida Bar, Mr. Jancha returned to Orlando to serve as an Assistant Public Defender for the Ninth Judicial Circuit. During his time as a public defender, Mr. David Jancha defended thousands of clients in both County and Circuit Court including those whom found themselves in the "Domestic Violence Trial Division" and the "Felony Violation of Probation Division.” Mr. Jancha also received special training in representing clients who suffer from mental health disorders and disabilities and was tasked ensuring that his colleagues followed the correct protocol in representing mentally ill and disabled clients.
Attorney David Jancha's experience working with both the state attorney's office and the public defender's office provided him with a vast understanding of the criminal justice system and unparalleled trial experience. Recognizing his admirable dedication, commitment to clients, and reputation among his colleagues, Mr. Jancha was hired as a criminal trial attorney at NeJame Law in 2010. In a firm that prides itself on its Criminal Defense Division, the attorneys in the Division unanimously supported adding David Jancha to the team, a testament to his legal abilities. In 2013, Mr. Jancha was named a Partner. Mr. David Jancha has been active in the legal community as well, and previously served on the Board of Directors for the Criminal Section of the Orange County Bar Association and was also previously elected by his peers to serve on the Board of Directors for the Central Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. Mr. Jancha’s clients come from all backgrounds ranging from blue collar workers to doctors, lawyers, police officers, and professional athletes.
Mr. Jancha was selected as a 2014 and 2015 member of "The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Trial Lawyers;" a 2015 member of the “Nation’s Top One Percent” by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel; and a 2015 member of the “10 Best” Criminal Law Attorneys for Client Satisfaction by the American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys.
Mr. David Jancha has also appeared on television for a central Florida news station; where he has acted as a legal analyst for both recorded and LIVE legal commentary. Mr. Jancha has also been involved in various speaking engagements and has been quoted locally and nationally in print and digital media. Mr. Jancha has also been a guest speaker where he presented to groups of law enforcement, prosecutors, defense attorneys, and Judges on topics ranging from the controversial “Stand Your Ground” to the admissibility of expert witness testimony in Florida.
David Jancha takes pride in thoroughly analyzing and researching all aspects of the allegations in each case for the purpose(s) of both negotiation and trial preparation. In addition to his extensive experience in state court, Mr. David Jancha also regularly handles Federal Criminal Defense cases in the Middle District of Florida and Southern District of Florida. Mr. Jancha enjoys defending all of his clients regardless of their background.
He has successfully represented clients with a wide variety of criminal needs, including, but not limited to:
- PreTrial Release (PTR) issues (motions to set and/or modify conditions of bond/bail, 'no return' and 'no contact' orders, etc.)
- Driving under the Influence (DUI) and other Driving related offenses
- Theft offenses (Petit theft, Grand theft, Dealing in Stolen Property)
- Assault, Aggravated Assault, Battery, Aggravated Battery, Battery by Strangulation, Battery on a Law Enforcement Officer, etc.
- Domestic Violence (Violation of PTR, Battery, Violation of Injunction(s), Stalking, etc.)
- Weapons and Firearm offenses (carrying a concealed weapon, carrying a concealed firearm, possession of ammunition/firearm by convicted felon)
- Burglary and Trespass
- Possession of Controlled Substances (marijuana, cocaine, heroin, methamphetamines, ecstasy, prescription pills and synthetic drugs)
- Sale, Delivery, Conspiracy and Trafficking of Controlled Substances
- Hate Crimes (Florida Statute 775.085)
- International Espionage
- Sex crimes against adults and children: solicitation, lewd and lascivious, internet pornography and internet solicitation
- Scheme(s) to Defraud (insurance fraud, forgery of checks, uttering a forgery, false verification of ownership to a pawnbroker, unemployment compensation fraud, public assistance fraud, healthcare/Medicaid Fraud)
- Violations of Probation (Felony and/or Misdemeanor)
- Racketeering (R.I.C.O.)
- Murder and Attempted Murder
If you have a question or need experienced representation in any State or Federal Criminal Law matter, call Attorney David Jancha.
Practice Areas: Criminal Defense
Listing in Martindale Hubbell's Law Directory
Email address: email@example.com