David Jancha - Partner
Criminal Defense Attorney
Attorney David Jancha received his Bachelor's Degree in Economics from Wabash College in Indiana, and went on to earn his Juris Doctor from St. Thomas University School of Law in Miami, Florida. Mr. Jancha brings more than a decade of criminal defense and criminal trial experience with him to the table. Whether the charge is a simple misdemeanor or 1st degree murder, Mr. Jancha has the experience to defend you during an undoubtedly stressful time in your life.
In law school, Mr. David Jancha worked as an intern at the State Attorney's Office for the Seventh Judicial Circuit of Florida in DeLand, Florida, an experience that provided him valuable exposure to the criminal trial process. Thereafter, Mr. Jancha served as an Assistant Public Defender in Orlando, Florida. During his time as a public defender, Mr. David Jancha defended more than 1,000 clients in both County and Circuit Court. Mr. David Jancha was also assigned to specialized criminal divisions which included Domestic Violence, Felony Violations of Probation, and Mental Health cases. Attorney David Jancha's experience working with both the State Attorney's office and the Public Defender's office provided him with a vast understanding of the criminal justice system and unparalleled trial experience. Recognizing his admirable dedication, commitment to clients, and reputation among his colleagues, Mr. Jancha was hired as a criminal trial attorney at NeJame Law in 2010 and was named a Partner in 2013.
Mr. David Jancha has also been active in the legal community as well. Having previously served on the Board of Directors for the Criminal Section of the Orange County Bar Association and previously elected by his peers to serve on the Board of Directors for the Central Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
Mr. David Jancha is “AV Preeminent” Rated by Martindale-Hubbell. Mr. Jancha has also been consistently recognized as a “Top Attorney” and “Client’s Choice” by Avvo. He has been selected as a member of "The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Trial Lawyers;" a member of the “Nation’s Top One Percent” by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel; and a member of the “10 Best” Criminal Law Attorneys for Client Satisfaction by the American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys. Mr. David Jancha has appeared on television and acted as a legal analyst for both recorded and LIVE legal commentary. Most notably, Mr. Jancha provided analysis and commentary during the “George Zimmerman Trial.” Mr. Jancha has also been involved in various speaking engagements, has taught college legal courses, has authored legal articles, and has been quoted in local and national media.
In addition to his extensive experience in state court, Mr. David Jancha has also handles Federal court cases throughout the United States and is admitted in the Middle and Southern Districts of Florida. Those cases include firearm offenses, drug offenses, mail offenses, Medicare fraud, insurance fraud, disability fraud and even “DUI” in the Federal Petty Offense Court. He is also one of a few attorney(s) who has successfully defended case(s) involving the issuance of FISA warrants and “acting as an agent of a foreign government.” Mr. Jancha’s most recent jury trials have been for the offenses of Murder x2, Vehicular Homicide, Capital Sexual Battery, and Burglary/Theft.
David has successfully represented clients with a wide variety of criminal needs, including, but not limited to:
- PreTrial Release (PTR) issues (motions to set and/or modify conditions of bond/bail, 'no return' and 'no contact' orders, etc.)
- Driving under the Influence (DUI) and other Driving related offenses
- Theft offenses (Petit theft, Grand theft, Dealing in Stolen Property)
- Assault, Aggravated Assault, Battery, Aggravated Battery, Battery by Strangulation, Battery on a Law Enforcement Officer, etc.
- Domestic Violence (Violation of PTR, Battery, Violation of Injunction(s), Stalking, etc.)
- Weapons offenses (carrying a concealed weapon, carrying a concealed firearm, possession of ammunition/firearm by convicted felon)
- Burglary and Trespass
- Possession of Controlled Substances (Misdemeanor and Felony)
- Sale, Delivery, Conspiracy and Trafficking of Controlled Substances
- Hate Crimes (Florida Statute 775.085)
- Sex crimes: solicitation, lewd and lascivious, child pornography, sexual battery, traveling to meet a minor, and internet solicitation
- Scheme(s) to Defraud (including, but not limited to: insurance fraud, forgery of checks, uttering a forgery, false verification of ownership to a pawnbroker, unemployment compensation fraud, public assistance fraud, etc.)
- Violations of Probation (Felony and/or Misdemeanor)
- Racketeering (R.I.C.O.)
- Murder, Attempted Murder, DUI Manslaughter, Vehicular Homicide
When not practicing law, Attorney David Jancha enjoys spending time with his family and being outdoors. Mr. Jancha believes in second chances. He is actively involved at St. Peter’s Catholic Church and various ministries.
If you have a question or need experienced representation in any criminal matter, call Attorney David Jancha directly on his cell 407-495-8021.
Practice Areas: Criminal Defense
Listed in Martindale Hubbell's Law Directory