HELP IS HERE
Call (407) 245-1232
Cruise Ship Injury Attorney in Florida
Have you been injured while on a cruise ship? Then a cruise ship injury attorney in Florida may be able to help you if you've been injured while out at sea. Even if you have been injured while on shore through an excursion arranged by the cruise ship, we may be able to help. There is a time limit to how long you can wait before filing a personal injury claim so call us today. Also, the cruise lines usually require you to notify them of your injury within six months of the injury.
NeJame Law is prepared to hand all types of injuries occurring on a vacation cruise:
- Slip and fall accidents on wet or uneven surfaces, or due to cruise ship maneuvering
- Water slide, wave pool and swimming pool accidents
- Accidents on cruise line-approved excursions at ports of call
- Cruise ship sexual assault or physical assault by crew members or other passengers
- Contaminated food resulting in severe illness (i.e. norwalk virus infections, gastrointestinal infections, salmonella, etc.)
- Medical negligence — People who are treated aboard a cruise liner may be put off at ports in other countries without adequate arrangements made for their care. The treating doctors may not be qualified or have proper medical equipment, leading to wrong diagnosis and/or improper treatment
- Physical assault by cruise ship employee
- Sexual assault by cruise ship employee
If the injuries on a cruise ship on United States waters and within the territorial waters of a coastal state like Florida then state law will generally be applied to the case. However, If the injury occurred more than three miles from shore, then general maritime law applies and it is used to determine both liability and damages. If someone dies while on board a cruise line, a wrongful death claim may be filed. However, when an accident occurs more than three miles from the shore and results in death, the Death On The High Seas Act (DOHSA) applies. Different laws apply to someone who has died while out at sea. These are some of the complex issues that can arise from a cruise ship injury and why you may need a Florida cruise ship injury attorney.
Contact the Attorneys of our Personal Injury Division
If you or a loved one have been injured in a cruise accident, please contact a Cruise Ship Injury Attorney from NeJame, LaFay, Jancha, Ahmed, Barker, Joshi and Moreno, P.A. in Orlando, Florida, for a free, no obligation case evaluation. We take cases from Orlando, Port St. Lucie, West Palm Beach, Miami, Miami Beach, Port Canaveral and from any other place or port in Florida. You may call us 7 days a week at (407) 245-1232, e-mail us at PersonalInjury@NeJameLaw.com or fill out our online form.