H-2B - Temporary Workers Visa

The H-2 Visa is a petition-based nonimmigrant temporary working visa. The H-2 visa category is further divided into H-2A and H-2B. The H-2A visa is granted to perform temporary agricultural services when there are no workers available for that job in the US. The H-2B visa is equivalent to the H-2A visa but is granted to non-agricultural workers when those services are not available in the US.

If you are in need of an Orlando Temporary Worker Visa attorney, contact an immigration attorney from NeJame Law to assist you.

H-2 Visa - Requirements

  • The job must be temporary or seasonal
  • The H-2 visa cannot be issued based upon a temporary job offer for a future permanent position
  • The employment is "employer specific", which means that H-2 visa holders are permitted to work in the U.S. only for their petitioning employers
  • Employment cannot start until the employee enters the US
  • Employers must obtain from the U.S. Department of Labor a certificate confirming the no availability of qualified U.S. citizens or residents willing to perform the corresponding services
  • The applicant must demonstrate to the Immigration Service that he/she fulfills the requirements to perform the job
  • An H-2 visa is granted for a term of one (1) year and can be renew it in one (1) year increments for up to three (3) years
  • H-2 visas are not convertible to legal permanent residence
  • You must be the recipient of a job offer from a US company to apply for an H-2 visa

H-2 Visa holder's Privileges

  • Permission to legally work in the US
  • May bring his/her spouse and dependents under twenty-one years of age to the US on H-4 dependent visas
  • Dependents with the H-4 visa can attend US schools, colleges and universities, but cannot work
  • May travel in and out of the U.S.
  • May change employer without losing status (if approved)

Contact our Immigration Attorneys in Orlando

A Central Florida H-2 Visa lawyer from NeJame Law may be reached at 407-500-0000. You may also fill out our online form or send us an e-mail at Immigration@NeJameLaw.com. We are committed and honored to assist you with all of your immigration needs.