I-1 Visa for Press / Media Representatives

The "media" or I-1 visa is a nonimmigrant visa for foreign media representatives who have a home office in a foreign country and are traveling to the United States to engage in their profession for a temporary time. Some procedures and fees under immigration law, relate to policies of the travelers home country, and in turn, the U.S. follows a similar practice, which we call "reciprocity". Procedures for providing media visas to foreign media representatives of a particular country consider whether the visa applicants own government grants similar privileges or is reciprocal, to representatives of the media or press from the United States. A Central Florida I-1 Visa lawyer from NeJame Law can assist you in evaluating or obtaining your visa.

Qualifying for a Media or I1 Visa

  • Primary employees of foreign information media engaged in filming a news event or documentary.
  • Members of the media engaged in the production or distribution of film will only qualify for a media visa if the material being filmed will be used to disseminate information or news. Additionally, the primary source and distribution of funding must be outside the United States.
  • Journalists working under contract - Persons holding a credential issued by a professional journalistic organization, if working under contract on a product to be used abroad by an information or cultural medium to disseminate information or news not primarily intended for commercial entertainment or advertising. Please note that a valid employment contract is required.
  • Employees of independent production companies when those employees hold a credential issued by a professional journalistic association.
  • Foreign journalists working for an overseas branch office or subsidiary of a U.S. network, newspaper or other media outlet if the journalist is going to the United States to report on U.S. events solely for a foreign audience.
  • Accredited representatives of tourist bureaus, controlled, operated, or subsidized in whole or in part by a foreign government, who engage primarily in disseminating factual tourist information about that country, and who are not entitled to A-2 visa classification.
  • Technical industrial information - Employees in the United States offices of organizations, which distribute technical industrial information

Contact our Immigration Division

If you are interested in applying for an I-1 Visa, and are in need of an Orlando foreign media visa attorney contact an experienced and knowledgeable immigration attorney from our AV rated Law Firm at NeJame Law. We are available by phone at 407-500-0000. You may also fill out the online form provided on this page or send us an e-mail at Immigration@NeJameLaw.com. We are committed and honored to assist you with all of your immigration needs.