HELP IS HERE
Call (407) 245-1232
Criminal Defense Attorney
David Jancha received his Bachelor's Degree in Economics from Wabash College in Indiana, and went on to earn his Juris Doctor from St. Thomas University School of Law in Miami, Florida. While in law school, Mr. Jancha was awarded certificates of recognition for his performance in Trial Advocacy and Appellate Advocacy by St. Thomas School of Law. He also worked as an intern at the State Attorney's Office for the Seventh Judicial Circuit of Florida, an experience that provided him valuable exposure to the criminal trial process.
After gaining admission to the Florida Bar, Mr. Jancha returned to Orlando to serve as an Assistant Public Defender for the Ninth Judicial Circuit. During his time as a public defender, Mr. Jancha defended more than 1,000 clients in several areas, including the "Domestic Violence Trial Division," "Felony Violation of Probation Division," and the "Felony Division in Circuit Court." He received special training in representing clients who suffer from mental health disorders and disabilities. Because of this training, he received the unique assignment of ensuring that his colleagues followed the correct protocol in representing mentally ill and disabled clients.
Mr. Jancha's experience working with both the state attorney's office and the public defender's office provided him with a vast understanding of the criminal justice system and unparalleled trial experience. Recognizing his admirable dedication, commitment to clients, and reputation among his colleagues, Mr. Jancha was hired as a criminal trial attorney at NeJame Law in 2010. In a firm that prides itself on its Criminal Defense Division, the attorneys in the Division unanimously supported adding David Jancha to the team, a testament to his legal expertise. He has become active in the legal community as well, and currently serves on the Board of Directors for the Criminal Section of the Orange County Bar Association and was recently elected by his peers to serve on the Board of Directors for the Central Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
David Jancha takes pride in thoroughly analyzing and researching all aspects of the allegations in each case for the purpose(s) of both negotiation and trial preparation. In addition to his extensive experience in state court, he has also handled federal court cases in the Middle District of Florida.
He has successfully represented clients with a wide variety of criminal needs, including, but not limited to:
- PreTrial Release (PTR) issues (motions to set and/or modify conditions of bond/bail, 'no return' and 'no contact' orders, etc.)
- Baker Act (mental health) civil proceedings
- Driving under the Influence (DUI) and other Driving related offenses
- Theft offenses (Petit theft, Grand theft, Dealing in Stolen Property)
- Assault, Aggravated Assault, Battery, Aggravated Battery, Battery by Strangulation, Battery on a Law Enforcement Officer, etc.
- Domestic Violence (Violation of PTR, Battery, Violation of Injunction(s), Stalking, etc.)
- Weapons offenses (carrying a concealed weapon, carrying a concealed firearm, possession of ammunition/firearm by convicted felon)
- Burglary and Trespass
- Possession of Controlled Substances (Misdemeanor and Felony)
- Sale, Delivery, Conspiracy and Trafficking of Controlled Substances
- Hate Crimes (Florida Statute 775.085)
- Sex crimes: solicitation, lewd and lascivious, internet pornography and internet solicitation
- Scheme(s) to Defraud (including, but not limited to: insurance fraud, forgery of checks, uttering a forgery, false verification of ownership to a pawnbroker, unemployment compensation fraud, public assistance fraud, etc.)
- Violations of Probation (Felony and/or Misdemeanor)
If you have a question or need experienced representation in any criminal matter, call Attorney David Jancha.
PRACTICE AREAS: Criminal Defense