Orlando Medical Malpractice Attorney - Central Florida
Medical malpractice or medical negligence cases resulting in injuries in hospitals, clinics, surgery centers and from pharmacy prescription errors are reaching epidemic proportions in Orlando and Central Florida. Each Florida medical malpractice attorney from NeJame Law in Orlando, Central Florida is highly experienced and qualified to properly handle any medical negligence case.
A recent study by Healthgrades found that an average of 195,000 hospital deaths in each of the years 2000, 2001 and 2002 in the U.S. were due to potentially preventable medical errors. If you suspect this has occurred to you or a loved one, you need to meet a medical malpractice attorney in Central Florida from NeJame Law to discuss your situation. It is important to act quickly in a medical malpractice claim, because the statute of limitations is often limited, with some exceptions, to two years from the date the malpractice occurred. A knowledgeable and experienced Orlando medical malpractice lawyer can assist you in evaluating and handling your situation.
Types of Medical Malpractice
The term "medical malpractice" encompasses a wide range of injuries including those resulting from:
- Prescription Errors and Overdoses, Common Medical Errors
- Failure to diagnose meningitis, cancer, heart attack, stroke, infection, hemorrhage and other medical emergencies
- Surgical mistakes
- Emergency room errors
- Hospital-acquired or post surgical infections such as MRSA
- Birth injuries such as cerebral palsy, Erbs palsy, shoulder dystosia and failure to recognize signals of fetal distress and the need for emergent C-section
- Medication errors
- Prescription overdoses
- Improper after-care and follow up
The Orlando medical malpractice attorneys from NeJame Law can work with you and their available team of experts to help you through these complications and challenges. Although our main office is in Orlando, we represent clients as malpractice lawyers throughout Central Florida and the State, including the cities of Winter Park, Kissimmee, Windermere and Longwood.
More than just about any other legal claim, the choice of an Orlando medical malpractice attorney is of the utmost importance in assuring that your rights and remedies will be preserved and litigated properly. The insurance companies that represent doctors and other health care professionals in the event of lawsuits will aggressively defend their clients, even in the face of clear wrongdoing. You as the victim need an experienced Florida medical malpractice lawyer from NeJame Law who will ensure that your rights are protected.
Elements Of A Malpractice Case
The Plaintiff must establish all four elements of the tort of negligence for a successful medical malpractice claim.
- A duty was owed - a legal duty exists whenever a hospital or health care provider undertakes care or treatment of a Patient.
- A duty was breached – the provider failed to conform to the relevant standard of care. The standard of care is proved by expert testimony.
- The breach caused an injury – The breach of duty was a proximate cause of the injury.
- Damages – Without damages (losses which may be pecuniary or emotional), there is no basis for a claim, regardless of whether the medical provider was negligent.
Our review of medical malpractice and medical negligence claims customarily involves a detailed analysis by expert medical teams experienced in the identification of medical malpractice errors. The experienced medical malpractice attorneys at NeJame Law will work hand-in-hand with medical experts to aggressively prosecute your claim. Our Orlando medical malpractice lawyers are experienced litigators with a proven track record of trial success. We have the experience, resources, and fortitude to battle the doctors, hospitals or health care providers that caused your injury and insurance companies that try to hide and obscure their wrongdoing.
Contact an Orlando Medical Malpractice Attorney from NeJame Law
If you or a loved one has been injured by medical malpractice or medical negligence in Orlando, the Central Florida area, or any other place in Florida, please contact a Florida medical malpractice attorney from NeJame Law for a free evaluation of your case at (407) 500-0000, fill out our online form or email us at PersonalInjury@NeJameLaw.com. An Orlando medical malpractice lawyer from our Law Firm is available by 7 days a week. Let us assist you personally with your claim. We offer our clients experience, attention, compassion and believe in serving as strong advocates. We value your privacy and will keep any information strictly confidential.