Named among the "Best Car Accident Attorneys in Orlando" in 2019, for its Reputation, Credibility, Experience, Availability and Professionalism, by Expertise
Orlando Auto Injury Attorneys
Are you looking for an Orlando auto accident attorney? Have you been injured in a car accident? Does the accident involves a multi-car collision? If you have an injury due to an auto accident in Orlando or in any other place in Central Florida, including the cities of Kissimmee, Winter Park and Ocoee, you need to contact an Orlando car accident lawyer from NeJame Law as soon as possible.
Florida Auto Accident Statistics
Each year, Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles compiles a Traffic Crash Statistics Report. The most recent report was issued in October 2016 and it records the 2015 Traffic Crash Statistics. Although the statistics decreased from the previous year, the results are still astounding:
- There were 2,939 crash fatalities
- Over 1,500 of those fatalities are passengers in a car.
- Speeding was a factor in approximately 1,022 fatal crashes!!
- Alcohol was a factor in 1,004 fatal crashes!!
- As a result of auto accident crash deaths, the medical and work loss costs in the state of Florida amount to $3.16 billion! (www.cdc.gov)
- You or a loved one is very likely to be involved in at least one auto accident during your lifetime.
These unfortunate statistics are created every day. Sometimes these car accidents are caused by the negligence of the other driver, leaving you as the victim. In addition to the emotional shock that car accidents cause, car accidents can also result in major injuries, such as a traumatic brain injury or TBI, spinal cord injuries or even death. Injuries from an auto accident can be devastating producing physical pain and suffering and may have a long-term financial impact. If the accident resulted in a death, family members of the deceased may want to file a wrongful death lawsuit to get compensation for their loss, grief and pain. In an unfortunate situation like this one a knowledgeable Orlando car accident attorney from NeJame Law can help.
The following factors may be considered negligence in an auto accident:
- The Driving Speed: A person driving either too fast or too slow may cause an accident.
- Drunk Driving (DUI)
- Failure to observe traffic ordinances such as stop signs, red traffic lights and other traffic signs
- Reckless or careless driving
- Failure to use headlights
- Text messaging or talking on a cell phone
Safe Driving Tips
With all of the traffic and tourists in Orlando, Florida, trying to avoid auto accidents can be difficult. Practicing safe driving can greatly decrease your chances of being involved in an auto accident. Below are some safe driving tips that every driver should be aware of:
- Always be alert!—avoid driving when tired to keep from dozing off at the wheel and losing control of your vehicle
- Maintain your focus, NO CELL PHONES—people who talk on cell phones while driving are four times more likely to have an accident
- Be aware of severe weather conditions!—Florida is known for its unpredictable weather. Sudden weather changes have the potential of making driving conditions very different
- Avoid driving in heavy storms and be cautious of high winds. If you must drive, decrease your speed.
- Drive slow in foggy weather, keep your lights on low beam and be wary of vehicles and pedestrians that you may not be able to see.
- Always use your turn signals
- Avoid tailgating— In the event that a car has to stop suddenly, driving too closely behind a vehicle can result in a rear end collision
- Try not to cut in front of vehicles—cutting in front of vehicles can cause serious and sometimes fatal auto accidents.
- Avoid driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol—alcohol impairs one’s ability to make split second decisions and can negatively affect one’s ability to judge distances when driving
- Be aware of other cars on the road—while you may be practicing safe driving, other drivers may not. It is important that you always remember you are not the only car on the road!
Unfortunately, even the safest drivers may find themselves involved in an auto accident. If that driver is you, or a loved one, Help is Here!!! Contact our Orlando car accident lawyers for a no-cost evaluation of your case.
Florida’s “No-Fault” Law
All Florida drivers are required to carry car insurance, but what do these insurance plans actually cover? Florida Statute § 627.730, commonly referred to as the “No-Fault” Law, controls auto accidents in the State of Florida. This law provides that if you are involved in an auto accident your insurance company will cover your medical bills and lost wages up to a certain amount, regardless of who was at fault. If the other party was at fault and caused the car accident, you may only sue them if you meet certain threshold requirements including, but not limited to, significant or permanent loss of a major bodily function, disfigurement or significant scarring, some forms of permanent injury or death. (Florida Statute § 627.737(2)).
Bodily injury coverage is optional in Florida. If you or a loved one are injured in an car accident and the at-fault driver does not carry any automobile insurance or has insufficient coverage, uninsured/underinsured motorist bodily injury coverage can protect you. Uninsured/underinsured motorist (UM) bodily injury coverage can cover different expenses including, but not limited to medical bills and lost wages. UM coverage is highly recommended and drivers should be sure that each car in their household is covered.
What Should You Do If You Are Involved In An Auto Accident in Orlando?
Whether you are a driver, passenger or a pedestrian, being involved in an auto accident is a traumatic, life altering event. In a split-second, victims are faced with injury, mounting medical bills, questions concerning liability, insurance and property damage and the prospect of legal action against those who caused the car accident. Accidents may be so severe that drivers may face vehicular manslaugther charges. Knowing what to do ahead of time can make the legal process run much more smoothly.
- Try to get the contact information from anyone that was involved or witnessed the auto accident.
- Collect the insurance information from all parties involved in the car accident. This includes insurance companies and insurance policy numbers.
- Collect the vehicle information of all the vehicles involved in the accident.
- Take photographs or draw a diagram of the accident scene and write a detailed description of the auto accident. This can be helpful when proving your accident claim.
- Call the Police, and make sure to get a copy of the police report.
See a doctor
Even if you feel alright or you do not believe that you need a doctor, keep in mind that some injuries take time to present themselves. The Florida auto accident attorneys at NeJame Law advise all of our clients to see a physician as soon as possible after an auto accident.
Keep track of your damages
if you are unable to attend work, make note of how many days you have missed, keep a log of all extra expenses incurred due to any injuries and save all of your medical bills.
Contact a Florida Auto Accident Lawyer at NeJame Law
- The Orlando auto accident attorneys at NeJame Law are well versed in the complicated procedures surrounding auto accident claims.
- Do not call just any car accident attorney in Florida; contact NeJame Law, Help is Here
- We can be reached at our offices 7 days a week at 407-500-0000. You may also fill out the online form located on this page or email us at PersonalInjury@NeJameLaw.com
Contact an Auto Accident Attorney at NeJame Law in Orlando, Florida
Help is Here! Many personal injury law firms only take cases in which liability is clear and there is a catastrophic injury due to a car accident. This is not the case with NeJame Law. Whether your case is a terrible one involving a traumatic head injury, other horrible injuries or even death, or whether it is a relatively minor fender bender which is causing you some relatively minor pain, an Orlando auto injury attorney from our Law Firm is available and able to assist you. Our Law Firm's philosophy is that no case is too small or too complex and that every client deserves the very best representation. Our personal injury attorney team has handled thousands of auto accident cases involving injuries and have the experience to help you and to work towards seeking the maximum recovery for your damages.
If you or anyone you know has suffered an injury in a car accident or someone was killed due to the negligence of another driver in Orlando or Central Florida including the cities of Kissimmee, Winter Park and Windermere, one of our experienced Orlando auto accident attorneys at NeJame Law can help you obtain the financial compensation you need to cover your medical bills, loss of wages, pain and suffering, car repairs and other damages caused by the car accident. Our office is conveniently located in downtown Orlando, minutes away from Winter Park and Longwood. Please contact our Orlando car accident lawyers for a no-cost evaluation of your case. We can be reached at our offices 7 days a week at 407 500-0000. You may also fill out our online form located on this page or email us at PersonalInjury@NeJameLaw.com. One of our personal injury attorneys will contact you back shortly. We value your privacy are will keep any information strictly confidential.
We treat our customers with care, respect and confidentiality. We will do anything we can do to get the best result on their behalf.