Child Abuse Defense Lawyer in Orlando, Central Florida
Are you looking for a child abuse defense attorney in Orlando? If so, NeJame Law can help. The general public is now more conscious about child abuse cases and the State of Florida along with Florida law, is very serious about arresting and prosecuting individuals accused of child abuse.
The criminal defense team at NeJame Law in Orlando, Central Florida, possesses the knowledge, skill and experience needed to represent and defend you in court for any child abuse or child neglect offense. Our team of Central Florida child abuse defense attorneys has handled many child abuse cases. Moreover, our criminal defense attorneys have the background and experience in child neglect cases as well. We have our main office in Orlando, but have other offices throughout the State. Our Firm represents individuals for child abuse arrests and investigations not only in Orlando and the entire Central Florida area, but also throughout the entire State of Florida. Child abuse cases need to be handled with care since a minor is involved. The attorneys at NeJame Law have the professionalism to handle child abuse cases delicately.
Child Abuse offenses in Florida
- “Child abuse” means:
- Intentional infliction of physical or mental injury upon a child;
- An intentional act that could reasonably be expected to result in physical or mental injury to a child; or
- Active encouragement of any person to commit an act that results or could reasonably be expected to result in physical or mental injury to a child.
- “Aggravated child abuse” occurs when a person:
- Commits aggravated battery on a child;
- Willfully tortures, maliciously punishes, or willfully and unlawfully cages a child; or
- Knowingly or willfully abuses a child and in so doing causes great bodily harm, permanent disability, or permanent disfigurement to the child.
- “Neglect of a child” means:
- A caregiver’s failure or omission to provide a child with the care, supervision, and services necessary to maintain the child’s physical and mental health, including, but not limited to, food, nutrition, clothing, shelter, supervision, medicine, and medical services that a prudent person would consider essential for the well-being of the child; or
- A caregiver’s failure to make a reasonable effort to protect a child from abuse, neglect, or exploitation by another person.
Child Abuse Penalties - Florida Law
Normally, a child abuse felony in the third degree is punishable by up to five years and an aggravated child abuse is a first-degree felony punishable by up to 30 years.
We are proud to represent and care about our clients. We know the devastation that a child abuse charge can bring to an individual and his/her family. We will answer your questions and guide you through this stressful process, working to take away some of the confusion and uncertainty that comes along any child abuse charge, while all along seeking the most favorable outcome for you or your loved one.
Child Abuse Lawyer from NeJame Law in Central Florida
If you have been charged with any child abuse charge in Orlando contact a Central Florida child abuse defense lawyer from NeJame Law immediately. We handle cases in Orlando, Central Florida, and the State of Florida, including the cities of Melbourne, Miami and Fort Lauderdale. We can be reached 7 days a week at (407) 500-0000. You may also fill out the online form provided on this page or e-mail us directly at Defense@NeJameLaw.com. We value your privacy and will keep any information strictly confidential.