Embezzlement Defense Lawyers in Orlando, Central Florida
Embezzlement is a type of fraud that involves the stealing of funds or property by a person who was entrusted to keep those funds and property safe. In Florida, the charges that a person faces for embezzlement depend on the amount of money or property that they have stolen; prior offenses can also play a part in an individual's sentencing. There are different types of embezzlement but the most common is misappropriation or misuse of assets.
Embezzlement - Penalties Under Florida Law
If you are found guilty of embezzlement charges in Florida, you will be subject to harsh penalties depending on the value or type of property stolen, as follows:
- 1st Degree Felony: Property value is $100,000 or more. Punishable by up to 30 years in prison, a fine of up to $10,000, or both.
- 2nd Degree Felony: Property value is $20,000 or more, but less than $100,000. Punishable by up to 15 years prison, a fine of up to $10,000, or both.
- 3rd Degree Felony: Property value is $100 or more, but less than $300. Punishable by up to 5 years in prison, a fine of up to $5,000 fine, or both.
- 1st Degree Misdemeanor: Property value is less than $300 or more, but less than $20,000. Punishable by up to 60 days in jail, a fine of up to $500 fine, or both.
- 2nd Degree Misdemeanor: Property value is less than $100. Punishable by up to 60 days in jail, a fine of up to $500 fine, or both.
In addition to the previous penalties, a person found guilty of embezzlement in Florida can be subjected to a driver’s license suspension for a period of up to a year.
An embezzlement conviction in Florida will have harsh and long consequences on your personal and professional life. Call our Florida embezzlement defense attorney today! We are here to help!
The earlier you contact an embezzlement defense lawyer from NeJame Law, the better. Our attorneys will help you understand the charges against you and will organize your defense so that important legal decisions can be made. We have two former United States Attorney's on our criminal defense team who have years of experience litigating in Federal court. You do not need to look any further. Help is Here!
Contact Our Orlando Embezzlement Defense Lawyer
Have you or someone you know been accused of embezzlement in Orlando, Kissimmee, Winter Park or anywhere in Central Florida? Help is Here! Contact an embezzlement attorney from NeJame Law today. We have the knowledge and skill to help you obtain the best possible outcome on your case. You may contact us 7 days a week at 407-500-0000, send us an email at Defense@NejameLaw.com or fill out the online form provided on this page.