Truck Accidents in the Florida Turnpike
Florida Turnpike Accident Attorney
Accidents in major roadways such as the Florida Turnpike are more likely to occur than in secondary roads, and when they do they frequently involve at least one truck or semi-truck and multiple cars. Due to the size and weight of commercial vehicles, trucks and other big rigs drivers and passengers in smaller vehicles are exposed to the possibility of great injury when a truck accident occurs.
If you or a family member is a victim of a truck accident in the Florida Turnpike or in the I-75, you’ll find yourself with many life altering questions. In this case, our Florida truck accident attorney can help you with your claim for damages. We will assist you in answering your questions and proceeding with your claim to obtain you fair compensation.
A trucking or semi tractor-trailer accident can turn your life upside down. When dealing with a fatality or severe injury, you’re forced to focus on the financial burden of the accident, including enormous medical expenses and loss of earnings. With over 8 million trucks on the road it is not surprising to learn that 4,000 to 6,000 people a year lose their lives in these serious semi-truck accidents and that approximately 100,000 people are injured annually.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents in the Florida Turnpike
Accidents in the Florida Turnpike usually involve multiple vehicles and are frequently violent due to the high traffic volume and speed at which vehicles travel. There are numerous causes for these frequent accidents, among them:
- Decreased visibility due to bad weather or poor lighting
- Distracted driving
- Driver fatigue
- Road work
- Confusing entrance and exit ramps
- Road debris and other hazards
- Bad road design
- Poorly maintained safety systems in trucks and other vehicles (brakes, brake and headlights, etc.)
- Failure to yield right of way
- Aggressive driving
- Deteriorating pavement
How Can Our Truck Accident Attorneys Help?
When a commercial truck accident happens our accident attorneys will act quickly in your behalf to:
- Thoroughly investigate the accident
- Establish liability for your crash
- Obtain and preserve the evidence to be used in your case
- Acquire record statements from witnesses and interview them when necessary
- Obtain and analyze reports issued by insurance companies and police
- Obtain photos of the accident scene and review camera footage, if available
- Examine the photos of the involved vehicles and determine the extent of the damages
- Obtain and review medical records
- Recreate the accident with the help of reconstruction and trucking experts
What to do if Involved in a Truck Accident Along the Florida Turnpike?
If you are a victim of a truck accident in the Turnpike, as in any other type of car accident, it is crucial that you:
- Call 911 and seek immediate medical attention if necessary.
- Collect as much information as possible (contact information of other drivers and witnesses, insurance information from all parties involved, vehicles information)
- Take pictures and/or draw a diagram of the accident scene and write a detailed description of the accident
- Take pictures of any hazard you believe might contributed to the accident
- Get a copy of the police report
- Call our Turnpike accident lawyers BEFORE speaking to any insurance company
Contact Our Highly Experienced Florida Turnpike Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one have been injured in a truck, semi tractor trailer, semi truck, or commercial vehicle accident in Orlando, Fort Pierce, West Palm Beach or any place along the Florida Turnpike, please contact one of our Florida Turnpike Accident Attorneys immediately for a free, no obligation case evaluation. There are crucial differences between interstate trucking cases and other auto collision cases; we understand these differences! Interstate trucking is governed by the FEDERAL MOTOR CARRIER SAFETY REGULATIONS, and such cases involve satellite communication systems or engine control modules "the black box" technology, mandatory business practices and records retention. Please call us at (407) 500-0000, e-mail us at PersonalInjury@NeJameLaw.com or fill out our online form. Our personal injury lawyers are knowledgeable and experienced and are available 7 days a week.