Dedicated to Defending Your Rights & Protecting Your Future
H-1B Visas Help Is Here. Work With Us Today.

H-1B Visa - Specialty Workers Visa

Temporary Work Visa H1B LawyerThe H-1B Visa is a nonimmigrant temporary working visa that allows foreign-born professionals and those in specialty occupations to work in the US for up to six (6) years within their professional field. The H-1B Visa is one of the most common work-related visas; it allows US companies to bring qualified foreign professionals to perform specific jobs requiring specialized skills. The following list contains some of those considered “specialty occupations”: architects, research analysts, chemists, chiropractors, engineers, computer professionals, lawyers, doctors, nurses, computer scientists, teachers, accountants, and certain fashion models. The Specialty Visa, or H-1B, is subject to annual quotas. At NeJame Law, an experienced Orlando H-1B Visa attorney from our Firm can assist you in your efforts, whether your needs are in Central Florida, the State of Florida or throughout the United States.

H-1B Visa Requirements

  • The H-1B visa is available for occupations requiring the theoretical and practical application of specialized knowledge, usually acquired through higher education
  • Applicant for an H-1B visa must possess a minimum of a Baccalaureate Degree or its equivalent (certain work experience may qualify)
  • If you want to apply for an H-1B visa you must be the recipient of a job offer from a US company
  • The employment is "employer specific," but may be able to work for more than one employer • Employment cannot start until the H-1B visa holder enters the US
  • Employers must have a labor condition attestation on file with the U.S. Department of Labor before they can sponsor for an H-1B visa

H-1B Visa holder's Privileges

  • If you have an H-1B visa you may legally work in the US
  • H-1B visa holders may bring his/her spouse and dependents less than twenty-one years of age to the US on H-4 visa
  • Dependents with the H-4 visa can attend US schools, colleges and universities, but cannot work
  • H1-B visa holders may travel in and out of the U.S.
  • May change employer without losing status (if approved by DHS/CIS)
  • May apply for permanent residence without losing H-1B status

Contact our Immigration Attorneys in Central Florida

We are committed and honored to assist you with all of your immigration needs.

  • ★★★★★

    Went Above and Beyond

    “Extremely happy with the professional service provided by Mrs. Rosa C. Melia-Acevedo and Ms. Maria Marques. They handled my H1B application process very efficiently and delivered what they promised in a timely manner.”

    - P.A.
  • ★★★★★

    This made the process so much easier.

    “From the moment we retained their services, they have been always available to answer our questions. Their experience and knowledge helped us understand exactly which documents should be provided. This made the process so much easier.”

    - B.E.

When Your Future Is On the Line... Help Is Here

Put NeJame Law On Your Team Today