Dedicated to Defending Your Rights & Protecting Your Future
K-1 Fiancee Visas Help Is Here. Work With Us Today.

K-1 Visa – Fiancé(e) Visa

K-1 Fiancee Visa Attorney in Orlando - Nonimmigrant Visa for your FianceeThe K1 visa is a non-immigrant visa for fiancée.

A fiancée is a person who is engaged or contracted to be married.

If you are an American citizen and you want your foreign fiancée to travel to the United States to marry you and live in the U.S., you must file a Petition for Alien Fiancée in the United States.

After the USCIS approves the petition, it sends the petition to National Visa Center for processing, prior to sending it to the embassy or consulate where your fiancé(e) will apply for a K-1 non-immigrant visa for a fiancée.

The K-1 visa allows a fiancé(e) to enter the U.S. one time only. If your fiancée leaves the United States after entering on a K-1 visa, he(she) may not re-enter on the same visa.

K1 Visa - Requirements

  • You must be a US citizen.
  • The marriage must be legally possible according to laws of the state in the United States where the marriage will take place.
  • Both you and your fiancé(e) need to be unmarried. Otherwise, any previous marriages must have ended through divorce, annulment or death.
  • In general, the two people must have met in person within the past two years. However, some exceptions apply. If you and your fiancé(e) did not meet personally or used the services of an international marriage broker, you must explain, in detail, how your relationship was established
  • The marriage must take place within 90 days of your fiancé(e) entering the United States. A fiancé(e) may not obtain an extension of the 90-day original admission.
  • The fiancé(e) visa petitioner must meet the minimum income requirement.
  • Your fiancé(e) must enter the U.S. within six months of receiving the fiancé(e) visa.

After marriage, your spouse must apply to become a permanent resident or to Adjust Status with the USCIS office that serves the area where you live in the United States, if she/he intends to live permanently in the U.S. Your fiancée will receive conditional permanent residence status for two years. After this period you can apply to remove the conditions.

The length of time to process a K-1 application varies from case to case according to its circumstances.

You may also apply to bring your fiancée's unmarried children, who are under age 21, to the U.S. Eligible children receive a K-2 visa.

Contact our Immigration Division when Applying for a K-1 Visa

It is not uncommon for the visa to get delayed because of mistakes done during the application process. We have helped thousands of couples in the past and will be very happy to help you too.

  • ★★★★★

    They will always help you.

    “I highly recommend this Law Firm. They will always help you. They will always give their very best to satisfy their client's needs. You can always count on them anytime.”

    - L.G.G.
  • ★★★★★

    Thank you NeJame Law!

    “I met my husband three years ago overseas. We fall in love immediately! Someone recommended me this law firm and, and they finally got me my k1 visa (for fiancees)... We are happily married now and... expecting a baby!”

    - G.
  • ★★★★★

    Very happy with the results!

    “I hired their immigration attorney for a k1 visa (fiancee visa). They got my fiance visa in record time! I am very happy with the results!”

    - K.K.

When Your Future Is On the Line... Help Is Here

Put NeJame Law On Your Team Today