Dedicated to Defending Your Rights & Protecting Your Future
F-1 Student Visa Help Is Here. Work With Us Today.

F-1 Student Visas

U.S. Immigration Attorney Helps International Students With Their F-1 Visa Student Applications

US F1 Student Visa Lawyer in Central FloridaThe F-1 Student Visa has been designed for non-immigrants who have been accepted into a program to study or conduct research at an accredited U.S. college or university. Vocational education is not included in F1 visa program; for vocational education, an M1 visa should be pursued.

Key Facts for the F-1 Student Visa

  • Once you have been accepted by a U.S. school, the application process is reasonably quick.
  • You may come to the U.S. as a full-time academic or language student enrolled in a program leading to a degree or certificate.
  • You many not obtain an F visa to study at a public elementary school or publicly funded adult education program. Nor may you obtain an F visa to study at a public secondary school unless you prepay the full cost of such program, for a maximum of one year.
  • You can transfer from one school to another or switch academic programs by going through a relatively simple procedure to notify USCIS.
  • You may work legally in a part-time job on campus. Also, you may get special permission to work off campus if it is economically urgent or if the job provides practical training for your field of study.
  • You may travel in and out of the U.S. or remain there until the completion of your studies.
  • F-1 student visas are usually issued for the anticipated duration of time it will take to complete your projected course of studies.
  • You may remain in the U.S. up to 60 days beyond the length of time it takes to complete your academic program.
  • You may remain in the U.S. for 12 months after securing a degree to work under the OPT (Optional Practical Training) program.
  • F-2 (dependent) visas are given to family members of an F-1 visa-holder. F-2 visa-holders cannot work but minor children may attend public schools.

Contact our F-1 Student Visa Attorney in Orlando, FL

If you or a family member would like to apply for an F-1 Student Visa to come to the United States to pursue academic studies, contact our immigration attorneys. Our experienced team has helped thousands of clients in the past.

  • ★★★★★

    We would highly recommend NeJame law to anyone that asked!

    “My wife and I turned to NeJame Law when we got married and needed an immigration attorney to assist with the immigration process. We were pleased with how well we were treated and how easy our attorney made the entire process.”

    - O.H.
  • ★★★★★

    Went Above and Beyond

    “Extremely happy with the professional service provided by Mrs. Rosa C. Melia-Acevedo and Ms. Maria Marques. They handled my H1B application process very efficiently and delivered what they promised in a timely manner.”

    - P.A.
  • ★★★★★

    Thank you NeJame Law!

    “We hired NeJame Law a while ago while living in Orlando. We received the approval last Friday... we can't be happier! We will be finally together. It has been a long journey... with a happy ending!”

    - Carolina T.
  • ★★★★★

    Best Immigration Attorney in Orlando

    “I contacted NeJame Law few years ago looking for advice on a very complicated Asylum case. Frank is not only an amazing counselor, he is very knowledgeable and honest, he's work ethic is impeccable and he will NEVER give up on you. Frank saved my life...”

    - Cath
  • ★★★★★

    Thank you NeJame Law!

    “I met my husband three years ago overseas. We fall in love immediately! Someone recommended me this law firm and, and they finally got me my k1 visa (for fiancees)... We are happily married now and... expecting a baby!”

    - G.

When Your Future Is On the Line... Help Is Here

Put NeJame Law On Your Team Today