M-1 Student Visas

U.S. Immigration Attorney Helps International Students With Their M-1 Student Visa Applications

The M-1 Student Visa is a U.S. Student Visa that has been designed for non-immigrants who want to pursue non-Academic or Vocational studies in a non-academic institution in the U.S. Foregin nationals interested in pursuing an academical degree, should apply for an F1 student visa.

Key Facts for the M-1 Student Visa

  • The application is reasonably quick.
  • You may come to the U.S. as a full-time vocational or non-academic student enrolled in a program leading to a degree or certificate.
  • You can transfer from one school to another, but only if you apply for and receive permission from USCIS to do so. Once you are six months into the program of studies, you are prohibited from transferring except under truly exceptional circumstances.
  • You are never permitted to change your course of study.
  • You may not work during your studies.
  • You may get permission to work for up to six months after your studies are done. The job must be considered practical training for your field of study.
  • You may travel in and out of the U.S. or remain until the completion of your studies, up to a maximum of one year. If you have not completed your program in a year or by the time your school projected, whichever is less, you must apply for an extension.
  • M-1 student visas are usually issued for the anticipated duration of time it will take to complete your projected course of studies.
  • You may be eligible for an Optional Practical Training. The length of this training would be one month for every four months of study.
  • Visas are available for accompanying relatives, although relatives may not accept employment in the U.S.
  • You may remain in the U.S. up to 30 days beyond the length of time it takes to complete your program.

Contact our M-1 Student Visa Attorney in Orlando, FL

If you or a family member would like to apply for an M-1 Student Visa to come to the United States to pursue vocational or technical studies, contact our immigration attorneys. You may call us at 407-500-0000 or fill out the online form provided on this page and we will contact you shortly. Our experienced team has helped thousands of clients in the past. You will be in good hands.