Theme Park Accident Attorneys
Accidents at Disney World, Universal Studios & Other Florida Theme Parks
Every year, thousands of people are injured while visiting theme parks and amusement parks throughout the United States. As home to some of the world’s most popular theme parks, including Disney World and Universal Studios, Florida is consistently one of the leading states when it comes to amusement park accidents, injuries, and deaths.
If you, your child, or your loved one was injured while visiting Disney World, Universal Orlando, SeaWorld, Busch Gardens, or any of Florida’s theme parks, contact NeJame Law today. Our Orlando theme park accident attorneys are here to help you through this difficult time and work to recover the fair financial compensation you are owed. With decades of experience and a proven record of success, we have what it takes to navigate these complex cases and go up against powerful entities and their defense teams.
Common Theme Park Accidents
Although incidents involving rides and other attractions tend to be among the most serious of theme park accidents, they are not the only way in which people are injured while visiting these parks. In fact, slip and falls are one of—if not the—leading causes of injury at amusement parks. These incidents commonly lead to serious injuries, such as broken bones and head/brain injuries.
Some of the most common theme park accidents and injuries include:
- Slips, trips, and falls
- Accidents occurring while entering/exiting rides
- Problems with attraction safety restraints
- Neck and back injuries resulting from forceful jerking and whipping motions on rides
- Drowning and near-drowning on/in water-based attractions
- Improper or insufficient maintenance of attractions, rides, and grounds
- Chest pain, dizziness, seizures, heart attack, and stroke resulting from or attributed to attractions/rides
- Food poisoning and other foodborne illnesses stemming from theme park food and beverages
While relatively few theme park accidents and injuries result in hospitalizations and/or deaths, these tragic incidents do still occur. Regardless of the severity of your injuries or your loved one’s injuries, you should not have to shoulder the resulting physical, emotional, and financial hardships on your own.
Filing a Personal Injury Claim Against a Theme Park
When you visit one of Florida’s many amusement parks, you expect a reasonable degree of safety. In fact, just like any other property owner in the state, Florida theme park operators have a responsibility to their guests. Under premises liability laws, these entities must ensure that the grounds and attractions within their parks are reasonably safe for all lawful entrants.
This means that theme parks must:
- Conduct routine maintenance of the grounds, attractions, rides, and other areas where guests and/or employees may enter
- Adequately repair or remove any dangerous or defective conditions that pose a risk of foreseeable injury or harm
- Warn visitors of potentially dangerous and/or defective conditions on the property that could cause injury or harm
- Provide clear signage for guests, including safety warnings, and properly close off hazardous areas, such as unsafe areas near attractions/rides
Theme parks can be held liable when they fail to uphold the duty of care they owe to guests. However, suing a theme park can be extremely difficult, as their insurance companies often claim that the guest was the one at fault for the accident or injury. Often, these companies try to argue that the guest was negligent or had an underlying medical condition, and this was what led to the accident or injury.
It is nearly impossible to fight back against these large, powerful entities on your own. We strongly recommend that you reach out to a skilled personal injury lawyer who has experience handling amusement park accident claims in Florida. At NeJame Law, we have helped numerous accident victims fight for fair compensation and have successfully held negligent property owners and theme parks accountable. Our Orlando amusement park accident attorneys have the necessary experience, resources, and acumen to effectively advocate for you.
Accomplished. Experienced. Trusted.
If you, your child, or another family member or loved one was injured while
visiting one of Florida’s many theme parks, turn to the team at
NeJame Law. Based in Orlando, we represent victims of serious personal
injury, as well as the families of those wrongfully killed, throughout
Orange County and the entire state. Our firm has the resources to fully
litigate your claim, and we are willing to go to trial if that is what
it takes to obtain the fair compensation you deserve.
We offer free initial consultations and provide our legal services on a contingency fee basis. This means that you do not owe any attorney fees unless/until we recover a settlement or verdict on your behalf. If we do not win your case, you do not pay!