Shahzad Ahmed - Of Counsel
US Immigration Attorney Shahzad Ahmed is a Florida Board Certified Immigration Attorney, one of only 8 percent lawyers to be certified as an expert in Immigration and Nationality Law. He was awarded The National Advocates Top 100 Lawyers in 2015. Mr. Ahmed has over 18 years experience and practices immigration law exclusively. He was elected as the Orlando Regional Vice-Chair for the American Immigration Lawyers Association and as a liaison with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service for 2013-14. Mr. Ahmed is Of Counsel at NeJame Law, which was voted the "Best Law Firm in Central Florida" by readers of the Orlando Business Journal in 2012 through 2014.
Mr. Ahmed also teaches immigration law as an Adjunct Professor at Barry University School of Law.
Mr. Ahmed has acquired visas for many businesses as they seek to invest or transfer their employees to the United States. He has assisted applicants from around the globe, including United Kingdom (UK), Canada, Brazil, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, India, Dubai (UAE) and many other countries. Visas he has obtained include:
- Business Visas L-1 Intracompany Transferee, EB-1 Multinational Executives/Managers
- Investor Visas E-2 Treaty Investor, EB-5 Job Creation
- Employment Visas H-1B Specialty Occupation, O-1 Extraordinary Ability, P-1 Athlete, P-2 Cultural Exchange Artist, P-3 Culturally Unique Performer, R-1 religious Worker, EB-1 Extraordinary Ability, EB-2 Advanced Degree, EB-3 Skilled and Unskilled Worker, EB-4 Special Immigrant
- Personal/Family Visas Family based petitions, Fiances, Immigrant Visas
Mr. Ahmed has successfully represented thousands of businesses and individual clients in various circumstances, including but not limited to, business and investor visas, employment visas, family visas, deportation, and naturalization and citizenship matters.
Mr. Ahmed has extensive experience in courtroom litigation as well. He has appeared in hundreds of cases before dozens of immigration judges, successfully representing clients in matters ranging from removal proceedings to claims for political asylum, cancellation of removal, hardship waivers and adjustment of status.
Human Rights Work
Mr. Ahmed is a Human Rights Defender and advocate. Human Rights Defenders are described in the U.N. Universal Declaration of Human Rights Defenders. Under Article 11 of the Declaration, lawyers who are Human Rights Defenders, are to protect the human dignity, human rights and fundamental freedoms of others. Mr. Ahmed represents his clients in their applications for asylum in the United States. Additionally, he advocates against persecution of individuals overseas, and engages in tolerance training locally.
Join Mr. Ahmed’s growing community of Human Rights Defenders. Visit www.facebook.com/hrdefenders and select the option to receive notifications.
Mr. Ahmed earned his Juris Doctorate degree from Touro Law Center in Long Island, New York. As a law student, Mr. Ahmed served as an Assistant Editor for the International Law Journal while contributing to various other journals and publications. He concentrated his studies in International Law and quickly developed a passion for assisting others with their immigration issues. Mr. Ahmed went on to complete a comprehensive law studies program in Shimla, India, an opportunity that enriched his understanding of the comparative legal jurisprudence. In 1998, Mr. Ahmed was admitted to the Florida Bar and after ten years of practice, in 2008, Shahzad Ahmed joined NeJame Law as a Partner. In 2019, he became Of Counsel to the firm.
Shahzad Ahmed's works have been noted and cited in press releases by human rights and civil liberties organizations, including Amnesty International and Solidarity U.S.A. Mr. Ahmed is admitted to practice in the United States District Court for both the Southern District and the Middle District of Florida. He practices immigration law throughout the entire United States and is admitted to practice in any immigration court within the United States. He is also active in various immigration, civic and political organizations.
Some Successful Cases
- October 2018 - Client receives B-1/B-2 visitor visa, DOS overturns prior refusal
- September 2018 - Attorney Ahmed files lawsuit against USCIS, gets approval of waiver and adjustment of status for client
- August 2018 - O-1 Petition approved for Alien of Extraordinary Ability
- August 2018 - Lawsuit against the U.S. Department of State results in Immigrant Visa
- July 2018 - Attorney Ahmed receives approval of E-2 investor visa for Pakistani national at US embassy, Islamabad
- June 2018 - Client receives J-1 visa approval, DOS overturns prior refusal
- March 2018 - Attorney Ahmed wins Cancellation of Removal for a LPR convicted for aggravated assault with deadly weapon
- April 2017 - Adjustment of Status approved for a Crewman
Disclaimers: “These results represent a small sampling of results obtained by Shahzad Ahmed since becoming a partner with NeJame Law. Mr. Ahmed has obtained hundreds more successful results for his clients.”
Pursuant to the rules of the Florida Bar, you are advised that each case is different and those provided may not be representative of the results obtained by the lawyers.
Languages: English, Urdu and Hindi, some Arabic
Practice Areas: Immigration Law