Support Unconnected With Dissolution of Marriage in Florida

Whether married, separated, or divorced, a spouse may still be required to financially support the other spouse. However, a parent is always required to financially support their child. In determining whether to award alimony, the court must first make a specific factual determination as to whether either party has an actual need for alimony and whether either party has the ability to pay alimony. On the other hand, no matter the circumstances, under Florida law both parents are required to support their child.

Florida does not recognize legal separation and there are many reasons why couples do not want to go through with a divorce. An action for support unconnected with dissolution of marriage allows a parent to make sure their child is financially supported while the other parent is absent. Unlike divorce, which requires one of the parties to have resided in Florida for at least six months, an action for support unconnected with dissolution has no residency requirement. Our experienced family law attorneys will guide you through this emotional time and help explain the process.

Attorney For Support Unconnected with Dissolution of Marriage in Orlando

Contact an experienced Orlando Support Unconnected with Dissolution of Marriage lawyer from NeJame Law for any alimony or child support matters. If you are in need of one of our family law attorneys in Orlando or anywhere in Central Florida call us at 407-500-0000, e-mail us at or fill out the online form provided on this page. We will be honored to assist you.