Orlando Naturalization Lawyer
Naturalization is the process through which a foreign citizen becomes an American Citizen
US Naturalization - Requirements
You are eligible to file for Naturalization if:
- You are at least 18 years old.
- If you received your green card through marriage to a U.S. Citizen, you have Permanent Residence Status (Green Card) for at least three years and are still married to and living with the same U.S. Citizen. Otherwise, the permanent residency requirement is five years.
- You have been a resident of the state in which the petition was filed for at least three months.
- You have been physically present in the U.S. for at least one-half of the five years (one half of the three years for spouse of a Citizen).
- You have reside continuously within the U.S. while the application for naturalization is being processed.
- You have not been absent for a period more than one year during the period residence (three or five years).
- You are a person of good moral character.
- The applicant must be interviewed by the INS.
- You speak, understand and write basic English. Some exceptions may apply.
- You are willing to serve in the U.S. armed forces or to perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by law.
SPECIAL NOTE: There are some exceptions to the above rules. It may be possible to obtain waivers or exemptions from the above requirements. Also, often a person may be a U.S. Citizen derivatively based on the citizenship of his or her parent. In such case, the person would not need to apply for naturalization; rather for a certificate of citizenship. Consult an experienced immigration professional about the best route to your citizenship.
A person to whom the naturalization is granted becomes a citizen of the U.S. and, as such, he/she acquires all privileges of U.S. Citizens.
Contact our Citizenship Attorneys in Orlando
Immigration laws in the U.S. change continuously and applications are subject to a greater degree of scrutiny everyday. Hiring the right immigration attorney to meet your needs is critical and can be crucial on the outcome of your case. Our experienced immigration team strives to provide you with the highest quality of legal services. We are proud of our professional reputation and of our high ethical standards. Contact our law firm at 407-500-0000, fill out our contact form online located on this page, or send us an e-mail at Immigration@NeJameLaw.com.
5 Star Reviews
Our highly experienced immigration team has received numerous 5-star reviews. Below are some of them. Please follow the link to read more!
Finally I can proudly call myself a US Citizen,Sworn in today Sept 12 2019. my immigration story was very bumpy had a lot of hurdles but thanks to the experienced Nejamelaw's Attorneys I managed to overcome all the obstacles. My first experience was with Mr. Shahzad, he helped me obtain my Green Card, been highly satisfied with his professional work, I returned back to apply for Citizenship, I contacted Mr. Shahzad because he was already aware of what i went through to get my adjustment of status, this time however he recommended Attorney ROSA MELIA-ACEVEDO, I was fortunate to have her handle my case, she did an awesome job she is so professional and experienced as well, I can't thank her enough for her help and support, mind you my citizenship interview ...
I am forever grateful to Nejame Law and specially immigration lawyer Rosa Melia-Acevedo. She is extremely knowledgeable in the field, compassionate and created a strong case for my naturalization to get approved. She accompanied me to the naturalization interview and I seriously couldn't have done it without her. Having her there was just the peace of mind I needed. I was not only fortunate to get approved on the spot, I was also naturalized the same day.
Best attorneys ever. Attorney Yazen helped me with my citizenship application, Amazing law firm and great results. I will recommend them to anybody that needs help!